Let’s get it all out there. Here is the list of things that I want to say but don’t know how to say them.
- I started searching/considering the most helpful I could be to humankind about 30 years ago.
- All roads pointed to law, the rule book of society. All laws pointed to the US Constitution. I have no interest in other nation’s laws because we are, by very far, closest to the people rule the law not vice-versa.
- The US Constitution is the rule book for our elections and blueprint for our tricameral system. It has good stuff like the bill of rights and bad stuff like the 4/5 clause.
- Clearly, if I wanted to help humankind, I could distribute food to starving children or, if I wanted to go for the jugular, I could spiff up our electoral system.
- Starting from scratch, I imagined a population voting for a president. Who gets to choose our candidates, who gets to vote and how often? I know that, for law to be fair, we must nail this election business.
- The paradox of elections is that you must make laws dictating elections, but elections serve to make laws.
- I started to game theory this whole business. Start with an island (so no outside influence or interference) and One Leader.
- When does the OL face an opponent?
…this is about where I start to fall asleep. I’ve written this so many times it’s killing me. SOOO tired
The OL (me because who else is going to get this ball rolling if not the discoverer of Democracy?) is subject to immediate removal upon the simultaneous dissent of over half of all people. I choose my opponent, Lisa of course.
Now then. I, the OL, run the place and try to balance everything to make things as good as possible for as many people as possible. I react to large swaths of people dissenting by meeting their needs. Life goes on. Employment in planting trees and cleaning the oceans of plastic are readily available. Still, we will exhaust the Earth’s resources at some point.
Now that we are living in harmony and budgeting our resources, what’s the end plan? No way are we going to fly a spaceship to a near (1000 light years away) planet to set up shop. Not gonna happen. Get used to it. When we are done with Earth, we are done as a species. Been a good run.
BUT we must help life get a footing elsewhere. We can load bits of life (amoebas, cells etc.) abord a flying freezer and hurtle it off to other galaxies. Whether we aim for a planet in or throw a dart at a massive galaxy, our offering might just spark life somewhere else. Maybe, just maybe, life will take hold, and, in 20 million short years, people will be picking up dry cleaning and are back to leaving bad yelp reviews. From there, the planet will begin to succumb to the mismanagement of its resources, a person will design a blueprint specifying a system so that people can live with each other in peaceful and fun harmony until their last day upon which a spaceship carrying life’s building blocks is launched…