Technical To-do List
As an experiment, I will try using the present thread to list tasks that the technical "team" should do or might want to consider doing at some time.
Thu Dec 31 19:14:05 UTC 2020
- Approximate one of the proposed looks in an active prototype.
- The current program for backups probably doesn't include uploaded images. Repair that defect.
- Back up TLS keys
- Archive -- search.
- Archive -- ability to follow back-references from quotations.
- Archive -- breadcrumbs.
- Check that mail to "postmaster" comes to Jack.
- Arrange auto renewal of TLS cert (it expires every 3 mo.).
- Arrange auto restart of the database server and the website applications, to happen whenever the system is rebooted (sometimes the Linode firm will stop a system for maintenance and then reboot it).
- Firewall off all ports except those we need to allow (in both IP versions).
- See whether, besides the firewall, any other steps would help secure the databases.
- On the domain registrar, add the rest of the name servers.